The perfect birthday cake for your enemies.
• 500g of flour
• 500g of castor sugar
• 100g of cocoa (unsweetened)
• 3 eggs
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 200ml of milk
• 1teaspoon vanilla extract
• 120g of butter
• 100g chopped green olives
• 400g icing sugar
• 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 30ml Boiling water
• About 20 pitted green olives to decorate
• Preheat the oven to 180C.
• Grease two round baking tins and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
• Melt the butter and milk in a saucepan, then add the cocoa and bring the mixture to the boil stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
• Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
• Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl until the mixture goes a creamy colour.
• Add the cocoa, milk and butter from the saucepan along with the flour, baking powder, vanilla extract to the mixture and beat for 1 minute.
• Stir in the chopped olives.
• Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and from the baking tins and then leave to cool.
• Make the icing by sieving 400g icing sugar into a bowl. Add about 2 tablespoons of boiling water to the cocoa powder to make a thick paste. Beat the paste, butter and icing sugar together.
• Put icing on one side of the cooled sponge before putting the two sponges together like a sandwich. Cover the top and sides of the cake with the rest of the icing. Use the green olives as decoration on the top.
• Buy a slice of chocolate cake and put olives on top